Sunday, May 1, 2011

Photoshoot with Justin! Bode Helm Photography!

Justin and I had a photo session with photographer Bode Helm. :)  He is a talented and very nice photographer!  I was a bit star struck since I read about him before the shoot.   He has an amazing portfolio and has shot Drew Barrymore, Leann Rimes, John Cho, Dave Chapelle and many more!  He came to our apartment community and our generous apartment offered a free 8x10 photo so Justin and I jumped at the chance!  We got to immediately see all the photos and purchased additional pictures.  Although the session was a bit pricey, we think it was definitely worth it because we have great couple shots! :)  I also got singles to incorporate in my YouTube and Blog! :) I'm hoping to make a new banner soon.  Please let me know if you know of someone who knows how to make banners. :)  

What I'm wearing:
❤ Amrita Singh Turquoise Shelter Island Necklace I purchase from an Haute Look sale for only $40 and they usually run for about $100-$200!
Similar necklace here and here.
❤ My dress is a Blaque Label dress c/o Karmaloop (Seen in my Holiday YT video)
Similar dress here, here, and affordable here
❤ Pearl Studs similar here

 This is the picture we picked for our 8x10



Doesn't Justin look so handsome?

My makeup is really simple.  If only I remembered what products I used!  
I plan to recreate this look for my bridal makeup because I like a simple look with pink lips. 

I created loose curls with my Babybliss hot rollers only working on the ends of my hair. 
In this picture I'm practicing to smile with me teeth. I have Invisalign and it is slowly straightening my teeth.

Being the big dork that I am I asked to take a picture with the talented photographer. :) 

 Here is Bode Helm's portfolio


Overall, I think my Amrita Singh statement necklace brought color to my outfit.  I'm officially obsessed with Amrita Singh!



❤ YOUTUBE
❤ FACEBOOK
❤ BEAUTYLISH
❤ TWITTER

23 comments:

  1. the phots look amazing but you look stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! Although, you look a bit unnatural in the first few until I saw your bright smile ;] You too are such a cute couple and you look stunningly gorgeous! I love the "here here here." hahaha. I can't wait to see wedding photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos, April! I love the picture of you smiling. You're gorgeous! I can't wait to see your wedding's photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing photos!! you and justin are the cutest and the invisalign looks like it's really working!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so beautiful. Love these pics : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. @xoladiihoneyxo Bode Helm helped me pose and sometimes he asked me to not smile with me teeth. Hahaha! Thanks about the here here here! LOL! You're a great friend! Thanks for your comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @PetiteLittleGirl Sydney thank you so much! :) I'm finally smiling with my teeth thanks for Invisalign!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @kileen Kileen that really means a lot to me that you noticed that Invisalign is working! Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @The Little Dust Princess You're the beautiful one! Thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You two look so great :)
    http://putbeautytowords.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I almost missed this post! Oh man you guys look hot! So good looking couple I swear. I like your makeup too April. It's very simple, natural and perfect for a wedding!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  12. GORGEOUS April !!!!!! love all the shots !! you and justin look so lovely together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awe....April! You and Justin look so beautiful together!!!! I love when you smile...you have a certain glow about you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, Justin is handsome. But you, my dear, are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute! I love your smile with teeth! You guys need to hurry up and have a baby because it will be super gorgeous! =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous pics.. love your necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMGGGG SOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!! AHHHHHH YOU GUYS MAKE ME SMILE!

    ReplyDelete