Months before our wedding and honeymoon my husband Justin and I would stare at this photo from the resort's website waiting for the day to come when we'd sit in that hot tub taking in the beautiful
Paradise Koh Yao view and when we arrived our room and the view was even more beautiful than we'd ever expected! It really was paradise for us!
❤ Our honeymoon vlog part #1:
❤ August 7th we married and two days later we were ready to enjoy our 15 day honeymoon to
Thailand & Singapore thanks to my husband planning every detail of our honeymoon!
When flying long distances wearing no makeup is best since you'll just be sleeping the majority of the time. I recommend bringing a small cosmetic bag of makeup to apply
30 minutes before landing.
It took a total of 30 hours to get to our honeymoon destination and
❤ I wore the most comfortable outfit for traveling:
The cardigan and plane blankets kept me warm, but when it became drastically hot and humid landing in the Phuket airport I removed my cardigan and still felt very comfortable, which is a must for traveling!
At the airport we were greeted by a driver from Paradise Koh Yao who drove us to the marina for our 45 minute boat ride to the remote island of Koh Yao Noi, which is off the coast of Phuket.
Here we waited for the boat and met another couple on their way to the resort:
❤ When we arrived, we quickly checked in and were greeted with a refreshing lime beverage. We walked into our jacuzzi deluxe room, the curtains were open and we saw the exact same view we were staring at for months from the Paradise Koh Yao site! It was breathtaking! There was a variety of fruit and champagne prepared for us, it was truly a warm welcome!
❤ Our bed was also decorated with gorgeous flowers wishing us a "Happy Honeymoon"!
❤ We quickly showered and slept due to jet lag and woke up right on time for dinner.
Justin surprised me with an incredibly delicious and romantic private dinner by the beach. He was so sweet to make arrangements with the resort in advanced and to alter the menu since I don't eat beef.
I threw on the first thing I found in my luggage, a yellow dress Justin bought me last year from our Kauai, Hawaii vacation from two years ago and Aldo flat sandals that I wore the whole vacation.
Similar dress can be found here.
Similar Aldo flats can be found here.
Justin and I spent a lot of time relaxing by the pool and working on our tan:
Free People tube dress thrifted for $3 at the Santa Monica Goodwill (new FP tube dress here)
Justin enjoying the water:
Feeling safe with my life vest on Justin and I took a boat ride to a private island for a private picnic!
The paisley halter dress is the same dress I wore when I hosted an episode of StyleHaul.
The dress was an old dress my cousin Katherine no longer wanted so I kept it, love it and wear it often!
I love paisley dresses such as this one!
❤ I've never experienced such a thing before, a picnic at a private island--unforgettable!
Enjoying our delicious private picnic for 2 & mimosas:
Wearing my favorite swimsuit, Voda Swim Tiger Eye Stone Bikini (similar here)
❤ We enjoyed a catamaran ride and met other couples staying at the resort. We even kept in touch with our new friends from Australia Leah and Daniel! :)
❤ Happy honeymoon faces:
I wore an orange floral Forever21 dress that evening.
Similar Forever 21 dress can be found here.
We enjoyed champagne & bruschetta while watching the sun set and chatting it up with new friends:
The following day we took a boat ride to Krabi and enjoyed an elephant trek in the jungle.
We both applied a copious amount of insect repellent and sunscreen. No burns, but I managed to still get some mosquito bites.
❤ Nosey Parkers Elephant Trek:
The elephant stood still when he posed for a picture on her back:
When it was my turn, miss elephant moved so much I was scared!
The scariest part was when our elephant friends walked through the river:
After the jungle trek we treated the elephants with pineapples:
Justin found this white hat for me at a CVS in Manhattan Beach, yes CVS drugstore, hehe!
American Apparel has a similar white floppy hat here.
My floral blouse was slightly sheer, hoping I'd stay cool, but I still managed to sweat so much.
Blouse: Express, similar Splendid tank here.
I wore white denim shorts from Walmart, these Paige shorts look similar and are on sale here.
Justin feeding our 49 year old female elephant friend pineapples:
Justin's Paper Denim & Cloth plain white ts kept him cool. They were thinner than a regular polo. I'm so glad we bought those for him before our trip!
After enjoying pineapples the elephants enjoyed a bath.
We left for lunch and shopped at Krabi.
We took a boat ride back to our resort and enjoyed dinner. Some days there were buffets available for a fixed price and some days we just enjoyed trying new foods from the menu. I didn't think about taking pictures of the food, but wish I remembered!
Some of the days we just stayed at the resort, indulging in a 2 hour couples scrub and full body massage. Justin loves massages and we had a total of 3 massages while on our honeymoon.
We enjoyed each other's company and the warm ocean water:
The resort had two separate restaurants, but we ate here nearly everyday and enjoyed the breakfast buffet that came with our stay. Fresh bread and croissants were baked daily and it inspired Justin and I to buy our very own bread maker.
Thai food has always been Justin's favorite so we decided to sign up for a Thai cooking class.
We learned how to make Yam Talay (seafood salad), Tom Ka Gai (coconut chicken soup) and Pad See Yew (flat noodles with chicken and vegetables).
We were even given an apron and chef hats!
Chef Tui was a great instructor!
Justin chopping up the ingredients:
Yam Talay:
Tom Ka Gai:
Pad See Yew:
Upon completion of the course we received laminated certificates!
LOL, Justin wore the hat everywhere after the class:
My new favorite thai dessert, mango sticky rice & banana fritters:
❤ 8 days out of our 15 day honeymoon was spent at Paradise Koh Yao
and it was an unbelievable experience. Thank you friends and family for allowing us to share our honeymoon pictures and vlog with you! We can't wait to share our Bangkok, Thailand trip as well
as our Singapore stay with you in our part 2! :) Before part 2 I'm hoping to have a back to school fashion video as well as more cooking videos.
Honeymoon VLOG #1 & 2:

love the photos! I love it when you smile with your teeth cause its natural smile and doesn't look like you're forcing it. Its a gorgeous smile and you should smile like that more often, especially now that you're officially married to not only just a man, but a best friend for life =]
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see more photos! I'm thankful that you take the time to upload them. I've been getting naseau from watching other youtube videos earlier that I was afraid to watch yours so I will save it for the future (maybe at the end of the week) but for now, pictures will do. hehe. I hope you enjoy the rest of your honeymoon! You two definitely deserve it and more. Again, congrats!!!
OMG...so beautiful! Just watched your video and I'm pretty sure I have a paneled wall art thingy of the James Bond island you guys pointed out! My boyfriend brought it back for me from Thailand, so I'm guessing it's pretty famous. Congrats, and looking forward to part 2! :)
ReplyDeleteAww.. I'm glad you're having a great time April. :) I really envy you as I've always wanted to travel to various places in Asia.
ReplyDeleteI hope you guys enjoy the rest of your honeymoon. :)
Love the photos! I would also love to visit that place! It seems so serene and wonderful that you don't want to go home! Congratulations on your wedding by the way! I hope you have a very wonderful life ahead for both of you! Your husband is very luck to have someone as pretty and nice as you are Miss April! :)
ReplyDeletehave a great time in Thailand! :D
Much Love!
-- Alice www.photoescape06.blogspot.com
What a beautiful place! And you guys look amazing. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteyou two are SO cute!!! :)
ReplyDeleteNice photo and honeymoon . May GOD bless both of you .
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos! This looks like the kind of place I'd like to go! Look forward to part 2! x x
ReplyDeleteI love this post, April! Congrats on your married again =) I can tell you guys are so in love with each other. This is truly a honeymoon paradise. I have never been to either of the countries but I’d love to one day. I can’t wait to watch the video later!
ReplyDeletewow i want a 2d honey moon here is A M A I Z I N G !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletewow love your photos! i bet you had a wonderful time
ReplyDeletehttp://primpedandprimed.blogspot.com/
aawwww....the pictures are all beautiful because it simple shows that you both enjoyed your honeymoon. Hmmnn,,,reading your post makes me wanna get married and go to Thailand for honeymoon! hahaha...Hugs!♥
ReplyDelete@xoladiihoneyxo Thank you so much! I have been pretty uncomfortable smiling with me teeth but thanks to Invisalign I'm gaining a bit of confidence. :) I'm so sorry you're getting nausea watching YT videos. I hope you feel better buddie! <3
ReplyDelete@Alterations Needed Thank you Kelly so much for the congrats! :)
ReplyDelete@Chika Thank you so much Chika for stopping by! :)
ReplyDelete@Photoescape Thank you! You are so sweet!
ReplyDelete@The Girlie Blog Thank you!
ReplyDelete@MissAntonia90 Aww, you're the CUTE one!
ReplyDelete@wintergurl You're so sweet! Thank you!
ReplyDelete@Stacey Thank you Stacy!
ReplyDelete@PetiteLittleGirl Thank you so much Sydney! :)
ReplyDelete@Eclectico You should plan it!
ReplyDelete@Sharon Thank you Sharon! We had a great time!
ReplyDelete@ChinaDoll Hehehe, you're so cute~!
ReplyDeleteyou guys look great :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the pictures :)
ReplyDeleteI don´t know you in person but you are a huge inspiration and I am so happy for both of you :)
You seem to be the perfect couple and I know you will live a long and happy life together :)
Take care sweetie
hugs from Anna in Finland